Alpha Dhabi and Mubadala to co-invest $2.5 billion in credit markets through a new JV

Alpha Dhabi and Mubadala to co-invest $2.5 billion in credit markets through a new JV

Alpha Dhabi and Mubadala formed a joint venture to co-invest in credit opportunities. Alpha Dhabi and Mubadala aim to collectively deploy almost $2.5 billion over the next five years, leveraging Mubadala’s partnership with Apollo to access high-quality private credit investment opportunities.

Mubadala will hold 80% ownership in the new Abu Dhabi Global Market-based joint venture entity, with the remaining 20% to be held by Alpha Dhabi.

“We have continued to assess the private credit market asset class recently with a keen interest, particularly given the current global market environment. We are proud to partner with Mubadala and Apollo – both of which are renowned in this space – to address the global market need for alternative forms of liquidity and credit. The asset class provides further diversification to our portfolio and attractive risk-adjusted returns,” Hamad Salem Al Ameri, Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of Alpha Dhabi, said.

If you see something out of place or would like to contribute to this story, check out our Ethics and Policy section.